Wednesday, January 31, 2018

1-29-18 Getting to Know My New OS

Good Evening from Philadelphia!

So I'm still trying to get used to this Win-10 OS. And it keeps reminding Me why I AVOIDED IT! I'm also seeing that BASIC INCLUDED MS-PROGRAMS ARE GONE TOO, like MS-Picture Editor. This easy to use program really allowed for Me to scan My Artwork and then do some easy and quick touch-up work like contrasting. Cropping. Tone highlights. As well as resizing and saving each pic as I saw fit for usage on MS-word doc, or online, etc.

   Of course there is also NO MS-WORD on here except a Trial Basis and this version of MS-Office is ALL ONLINE BASED. So right now as I type this to You, it is 11:11am EST. I am of course at the Dayjob. And because of that I have NO ACCESS TO THE INTERNET, because these are all THEIR NETWORKS HERE.

   I MIGHT, call Verizon and rearrange My Services so that I can be able to have internet access regardless of where I am. I'm not sure just yet. If anything I'm really trying to TIGHTEN UP how My Money is being spent on a monthly basis. Especially now that I am FINALLY starting to make some monthly petty cash from My Williams Works Webshop.

Having a new OS without various programs I'd paid for and were INCLUDED WITH THAT WIN-7 PRO OS. Some things are easy to miss and others are glaring. My VLC-player was something I paid for and is NOT MS. So that has been a HUGE LOSS!

Cuz I could play ANY TYPE OF FILE ON THE VLC. As well as OPEN MULTIPLE-VLC PLAYER-FILES AT 1X! Something I CANNOT DO with this Win-10 OS. And now with everything being INTERNET-BASED, whereas before YOU BOUGHT A DISK AND THEN UPLOADED THE PROGRAM ONTO YOUR COMPUTER, WHICH MEANT IT WAS YOURS AND YOU ALWAYS HAD AND HAVE ACCESS TO USE IT WHETHER YOU ARE ONLINE OR OFF!

But with things being the Way They Are on this Win-10 and with TOO MANY THINGS. Sometimes I simply believe that people in general are just gulliable and stupid when They applaud and laud "the Cloud" and online easy-access! While COMPLETELY IGNORING THE FACT THAT THEY NOW NO LONGER PHYSICALLY OWN AND CONTROL WHAT THEY HAVE JUST BOUGHT!
They have gone from OWNING THE PROGRAM AND THUS BEING ABLE TO DO AS THEY PLEASE, to now being RENTERS. Even as I type this I have NO ACCESS to the Internet. Which would mean that I would NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE ADOBE SUBSCRIPTION THAT I'VE PAID FOR, if I had it. I'd ALSO NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE WORD SUBSCRIPTION THEY'RE TRYING TO GET ME TO BUY RIGHT NOW.

Never mind that each version of MS-Word had been DECIDEDLY LESS THAN its previous versions leading back to Word 98, if My Memory is correct, which everyone still breaks Their Necks TO PIRATE TO THIS DAY!

The Tone Deafness of MS is something where I have typed to You Before about WHY WE MUST AS BLACK-AMERICANS GET BACK INTO BEING PRODUCERS. BECAUSE THE MARKET IN ALL HONESTY IS WIDE-OPEN FOR COMPETENT COMPETITION AGAINST THE PRE-EXISTING WHITE-CORPS THAT HAVE THROWN AWAY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALITY.
Speaking of which!?

I have 2-customers who purchased some merch that are actually NOT HAPPY with the way Their Merch turned out. One of the BIG DISAPPOINTMENTS of My OG-OS and Harddrive biting the dust is the Fact that I am doing TWO CUSTOM DRAWINGS FOR THEM!
Where I will be sending Them THOSE ON THE SAME TYPES OF SHIRTS THEY ORDERED. So I'm gonna have to get that RESTARTED as the initial designs were lost on the old hard drive last week Friday.

Lemme get on outta here. I'll type to You Later..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment