Sunday, January 28, 2018

If One Hard Drive BURNS OUT...? Then I'll Just BUY ANOTHER.....

Good.
Evening Once Again...
From Philadelphia.....

And so it came to pass.
That on Friday 1/26/18.
The ENTIRETY of ALL OF MY WORK.
Was Lost.

The Irony is and was, that I sat down Friday while at the Dayjob.
And got ALL OF MY DAYJOB WORK DONE.
FAST AND FIRST!
Because I'd DECIDED.
That it was PAST DUE TIME to put the 1st-Story up for Sale ON MY WEBSITE.

I LITERALLY FINISHED THE STORY and at 4pm EST.
My Laptop suffered a Fatal Error and the Hard Drive was completely destroyed.

That means that all of the background information.
The newly completed 1st-story.
All of My Notes.
All of the various clips and snippets I use here and elsewhere.
Over 50GB's of music.
Over 90GB's of Videos collected from the last 3-years which even includes much of the videos that Cynthia G has now decided to remove.

All Gone.
In the Blink of an Eye.

The Artwork that the Slumlady DESTROYED, as far as The PHYSICAL WORK.
Where all I had was the scanned finished artwork of it?
Those are now PERMANENTLY GONE.

ALL NOTES, because I need to type that again.
ALL OF MY NOTES for all Four Characters on Williams Works.
Gone.
The FINISHED BOOK for Prince Lu Gell?
Gone.

I'd spent SO MUCH TIME WORKING ON THESE THINGS ON THE OLD HARD DRIVE that I NEVER SAVED THEM TO ANYTHING ELSE.
Thus all the INTRICATE NAMES AND DETAILS AND SUCH?
The HISTORICAL TIMELINE for the Earth-based Characters starting with Priest-13?

Gone.
All Gone.
But?
Some things can be remembered.
Others?
Retrieved from Williams Works itself.
While Others?

Gone.
And will NOT be coming back.
I had FOUR TYPED blogpost saved on the old hard drive.

Gone.
Meanwhile?
I was reminded that laptops, desktops, COMPUTERS IN GENERAL?

They're NO DIFFERENT THAN CARS.
I realized once I gave permission to install this new hard drive and OS.
That I COULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE simply paid the money to have THE OLD HARD DRIVE REMOVED.
Had ALL THE DATA TRANSFERRED TO AN EMPTY EXPANSION DRIVE.

Then had THEM PUT IN THE NEW HARD DRIVE AND OS.
And then I simply could transfer whatever I wanted, however I wanted.
From There.
Final Cost would have been;
$180.

An Amount that I've had week after week, month after month, and?
Year after Year.
So I learned a VALUABLE LESSON.
Right now!?
I'm REBUILDING this new hard drive.
Because it is COMPLETELY BLANK.
900GB's of space.
And a new OS that IS NOT the one that I had, which They DID NOT tell Me They'd Do.
So I have some getting used to, with this NEW OS.

Of course all the scanned pics of My Artwork are gone.
So ALL OF THAT has to be RE-SCANNED TO THIS NEW HARD DRIVE.
I'm going to be EXTREMELY BUSY over the next few days simply TRANSFERRING FILES AND TRACKING DOWN THAT WHICH I'VE LOST AND RESTORING PROGRAMS AND SUCH AND BOOKMARKS AND SUCH AND ALL OF THAT!!!!!!

But in the Midst of All of this I am BACK ONLINE.
So Lemme Get To It....

No comments:

Post a Comment