Sunday, March 29, 2015

From Child to Man Handbook...!

Good Afternoon from Philadelphia!

I'm compiling the handbook for my book right now. I was in the midst of typing and needed to open one of my background documents for From Child to Man. If there is one thing I try to do when I create a story is that I try to create an actual world that will make the reader honestly feel like they are wherever this place is that I am writing about. At least when it has to do with me making something that is "otherworldly". I recently shocked the shit out of a friend when I typed up a brief synopsis of a ROMANTIC-COMEDY!

They were shocked because they thought that I couldn't do something like that and I made it clear that I can actually make paint-drying interesting if I wanted to or needed to, but I choose not to. I can write dramas based on shit like Empire and all of that, hell? The catfight stories I wrote for Stonerages catfight site were based on a mixture of what we all know as the real world, except for the fact that I DECIDED that in this fake world celebrity catfighting was a critical part of it!

What ended up happening is that I created a stable called VLK which was centered around the three female celebrities I wrote for; Vivica Fox, Lucy Liu and Chiaki Kuriyama, all D-listers AT BEST! And I simply wrote my catfight stories where they were ACTUAL. STORIES. Not just jack-off material for muthafuckas behind a keyboard. My stories became so successful on Stonerages site, that his ass got greedy. Case in point? I can see who is looking in on my blog from what countries around the world, South Africa has been real busy looking in on me, almost IMMEDIATELY AFTER I POSTED MY FIRST POST AND STARTED THIS BLOG.

Hello, Stacey.

Mind you I never told anyone in South Africa that I created this blog, so none of my Black South African friends know about this blog, yet mysteriously South Africa is my biggest page view audience in the short-span of this blogs existence. So I see now why 7-years ago Stonerage lost his mind when he started seeing his catfight website start going through the roof in views and he came right out and told me that I was the sole reason for it. He then lost his fuckin mind immediately after that. -_- He decided that he wanted the rest of his "writers" and I use the term loosely, to write their catfights like me, MIND YOU? My catfight stories had these characters actually fuckin talking about serious issues and shit to such an extent that I started getting strange-ass emails where some of the people HONESTLY THOUGHT I KNEW VIVICA FOX, LUCY LIU AND CHIAKI KURIYAMA! Shit was bizarre, but it told me that I was doing my job by creating stories where the characters didn't just do the dumb shit that is ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL to typical for catfight sites.

Childish. Bizarre. Sex-fetish shit. That couldn't pass for worthwhile reading or writing if your life depended on it. But to me I don't like having my time wasted, so in turn, I don't like wasting OTHER PEOPLES TIME. So quality and something of actual INTEREST is important to me. I have always understood that since I am ASKING PEOPLE TO READ WHAT I TYPE, THEN IT MUST BE WORTH THEIR TIME. Like I said before, Time, is irreplaceable. So whenever I ask people to invest time in what I am doing or what I have to say, I don't want to waste their time with nonsense. And I explained this to Stonerage. He of course was doing nothing but dreaming of dollar signs, so he didn't listen to a fuckin word I said. Which is TYPICAL for greedy muthafuckas, right. In the end I had to go on about my business, because the guy was just trying to be petty when I refused to go along with his Get-Rich-Quick bullshit. He couldn't even keep up my writing speed, my posts where always getting posted late, because he didn't wanna do the work when he finally saw that if he wanted to MAKE MONEY OFF HIS SITE USING ME? Then he had to get my post up on time, which meant work for him. He refused to share the responsibility of getting the posts in order for posting. Adding the pictures when needed. Making sure that the editing was in order. Then posting it to his site. This leads back to what I said before and what most of you actually, honestly, already know;

How badly do you want it?
...&...
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

This leads back to what I am doing now, which is compiling all of my background and backstory documents into one handbook. The handbook gives all the technical jargon. The customs, culture, gives info on who is what, where, ALL OF THAT! And I will be selling it as its own separate book for a nice little amount to round out THIS BOOK COLLECTION. I have already jotted down other books in my World Within Worlds series and those docs also have handbooks of their own too. From time-to-time and day-to-day I quickly type up things for those future books and then get back to this first book. So as you can see, I have a interconnected universe for my book series, already in place. As a matter of fact, certain characters FROM THOSE BOOKS are mentioned in passing IN THIS BOOK. In the completed manuscript of From Child to Man the main character of this entire World Within Worlds universe makes an appearance and alludes to his own involvements with the other characters. So I have the overview of everything already done, now it's all about just doing the work and typing it out.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment