Sunday, July 24, 2016

Just Turned Down a Driver Job...

I'm just gonna copy and paste what I just posted on Facebook. I'm trying to use THIS WEEKEND to get everything in order for Williams Works with ACTUAL STORIES. I'm still NOT HAPPY about having to use PDF-format, but!? I can't get my hands on the epub and mobi formats for ebooks and like I said.

That ebook program I found is just too unstable from system to system, operating system-wise. Some people got a whole lot of pages and others got few pending on what was used to open the ebook I'd converted on that program.
Just turned down a driving job for University of Penn's shuttle bus service. Further proof that when I said I was out here looking for work when I was stuck at the Plantation-station Wendy's, I was serious.
Every once and awhile my inbox will get flooded with job offers from all that work I was doing while stuck there. Checked it today, driver job. Last week it was a line writer job. O_O The pay was crap though and they wanted all kinds of qualifications that I HAD. Then they said I needed a degree in Communications or English.
When you're serious about looking for work even in this system, you keep hammering away at it. The first thing that many of Us as Blacks honestly need to do IS INVEST IN A SOLID LAPTOP.
For all this cellphone shit, you need AN EVEN BETTER LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER AND INTERNET SERVICE. Lemme get back to typing.
And note that I applied for THIS JOB IN OCTOBER 2015. It took THIS LONG for them to DECIDE to get back to me. Which means that they could CARE LESS when I applied and they simply IGNORED ME. Now all of a sudden they're interested, which means SOMEBODY EITHER QUIT OR GOT FIRED;
We have openings for Shuttle Drivers, the hours of operation are 5:30 PM to 3:30 AM and pays $10.25 per hour.
You would be required to work weekends.
If you are interested in a Shuttle Drivers position at Penn Transit Services please call -------, between the hours of ---- and ask for the Penn Transit Services Operations Supervisor on duty .
Thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Williams via CareerBuilder 
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 11:02 PM
To: Selvato, Marie
Cc: Gustafson, John; tuckerst; Wright, Kyle; Ellis, James; Marie Thompson
Subject: CareerBuilder Job Application : Driver

You have received an application to your job posted on CareerBuilder. You can respond to this candidate by replying to this email.

Job Information
Like I said before. This is how Whites do business now. This is also how they hire and such. It is as you are needed and NOT BEFORE. It is cold and impersonal and a big reason why nut-jobs end up GETTING JOBS. Because the days of everyone having to COME IN AND INTERVIEW AND HAVING AN ACTUAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT, are OVER.

Like I said, lemme get back to typing.


No comments:

Post a Comment