Saturday, November 26, 2016

4 Generations of Family

As you have seen I posted nothing all day yesterday. Nor did I post anything once I returned on Thanksgiving Night. I've spent all of those hours thinking about the fact that My Mother had insisted on me coming up there because she wanted me to see that she has been working to actually do the things that I used to always have to argue and fight with her about, regarding Our Family and HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK.

On Thursday I had a chance to sit down with a LOT of 4th-Generation children of varying ages while talking to Their Parents and being reminded, as I have typed before, that much of My Family, is military.

And a lot of them were honestly very happy to see me because as My Oldest Brother and His Wife said "You're like a presence more than a person." His Wife even went roaming around My Mother's house and finally sat back down with Us and said "I cannot find, one. Picture of you. Anywhere in this house. But everybody is always talking about how you honestly live by the things you say." and then she told me "Your sister grew up, married Your Brother-In-Law, cuz you were always on both of them about the example they were setting for Your Nieces."

There was a LOT of conversations and We all discussed what We need to do as individual Black People and what needs to be done by Our Family AS A COLLECTIVE. No one in that house was bitching and moaning about Trump winning. Because everyone was well-aware that We as Black People have had to fight and bleed and suffer and die and kill, to get what little We actually have.

My Brother-In-Law was GRATEFUL TO ME for staying on his ass during the years that I was with Stacey where he asked me "What're you gonna do?" and I told him and My Oldest Brother and His Wife about what happened regarding Stacey and I and not a one of them was shocked nor surprised when I told them what I did and why I did it.

My Oldest Brother then told me "You're an honorable man. I know that must have been hard to use yourself as an actual teaching point to the woman you love." and My Brother-In-Law said "How else is she gonna learn? Then stuff didn't work out so now can you imagine being stuck with some tattoo of someone who really was just some fling and fantasy, it still boggles My Mind how people can intentionally know they're risking everything for nothing. But still do it anyway and think they have the right to get salty when they end up with nothing."

He then talked about how he sees everyday, people working as prison guards. Throwing their jobs and careers away when they get too close to certain prisoners. Be it as guards or counselors or whatever. And I listened. All in all. I had a LOT TO THINK ABOUT.
^_^
And of course I don't type fast enough, so it's time for me to head out to work.
Especially since I'm simply filling in the next two days at this site.
Bottom line is I spent all day yesterday just thinking about everything that went on and all We talked about. Met a LOT of people I haven't seen since the early 80's.

Lemme get moving!
I'LL SEE YOU IN 10+ HOURS PEOPLE!
Good Morning.
FROM PHILADELPHIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment