Monday, November 14, 2016

FREESTYLE BANE - Auralnauts

Finishing up my laundry.
Getting ready to scan Lady Mango-Ellis Melissa.
Put up the post and then get some sleep.
In the meantime?
This video is one of the many videos that I just found.
Where like I said.
The original intent of whatever I find, is RARELY what I use it for.
It is something that I think is normal.
While a coworker discovered today while I was coloring Lady Mango-Ellis "Jesus Christ, you've been listening to that one song for hours while working on that!? Doesn't that shit drive you insane!?"

-_-
No.
The song embodies the character and allows me to see the character better and actually envision scenes for me to write out. This song along with the rest of the songs that I drew, inked, and now color her to. All allow me to envision her personality better and to see scenes in my mind that I will either straight-up write out. Or I will use to give me a better understanding of who she is.

To which he said "You talk like she's a person!"
To which I responded "Because she is. My job. Is only to write out what she is doing and who she is so that readers can read it. But my job is not to get in the way."

So the person honestly listened to the song, which was Led Zeppelin's No Quarter.
It was at this point that the guy said "This song sounds like someone who is driven to the point of almost being or actually being some sort of fatalistic, fanatic!"

Now at this point he hadn't seen the drawing with any color.
So I allowed him to see her.
"Wow. That chick looks power-hungry and crazy as shit. She looks kinda psychotic. But in a way where it's like do shit my way or else I kill you."

And I told him "Then I've done my job."
And like everyone else he'd been back and forth and lingering around long enough to see and then finally say "You don't seem like you have a color scheme at all, it's like you're just making it up as you go along!"

And I told him "But that's the point though. You're supposed to just sit down. Find whatever it is that helps you lose yourself in your creativity. And then you get into that until you're done."

So then he asked me "How in the fuck are you able to pay attention though!?"
And I told him "Being raised in My Family. My sister and I, just like Our Mother and Her Brothers and Sisters. We have Our Grandfather to thank for that ability." note I did not tell him how Our Grandfather, Our Mother's Father, learned to do this. Because it involved the death of his older brother and as usual it was something where Whites were directly responsible. And as I've typed before. It made him... ungodly obsessive with work and paying attention and more work and being attentive. And I would guess that because his older brother died via an aneurysm, which?

You can't avert away from or be on guard for such a thing.
If it strikes you. It tends to be permanently disabling if not lethally-fatal.
So literally.
My Mother's Father.
Tried to learn how to be on-guard and attentive to the unguardable and unpredictable.
Couple this with his obsessive work at all times mentality.
He was completely devoid of any joy.
Any happiness.
Just.
Work.
Pay attention.
Be on guard.
Work some more.
And pay more attention.

So while I may have my problems with My Mother.
 I know why she was and still is.
As fucked up as she is.
Because she grew up with a machine for a father.
Even I cannot remember a time when I ever saw him cry.
Because whatever emotions he had.
Died in the middle of the street with his older brother in New Orleans.

My Mother told me one time.
We were sitting around a few years back.
And she said to me "I never worry about whenever you get angry or mad. Because it shows me you still care. I only worry whenever I come across you or see you are not talking. I've seen it. Rachel's seen it (My Sister). And I'm not gonna lie. You act just like your grandfather. No more talking. No explanations. No nothing. You just start doing and working and you're moving around and you are absolutely silent. Whenever I see that from you. Even Rachel said 'Time to go. Cuz We might be who he's pissed at or whatever and I don't wanna be around to figure out what you're about to do!'"

So my coworker has no idea about any of this. I didn't learn to multi-task and focus while still being aware and keeping track of what is around me and who is coming and going. It took my childhood of growing up with My Uncles and Aunts and Mother and of course. 
My Grandfather.
Where all he used to say is "Being able to pay attention while you're working and doing things, to what's around you. Will save your life! NOW DO IT AGAIN AND PAY ATTENTION!"

So monitoring cameras while seemingly staring at a sketchpad. While also eyeing foot-traffic while listening to walkie-talkie traffic and sneaking in notes plus keeping daily-activity records as I'm talking to this guy!?
^_^
NO SWEAT!

Here's the video;
   

No comments:

Post a Comment