Thursday, November 24, 2016

I'm UP WORKING ON TANSOBA ELLIS-FAMILY'S HISTORY!

I've been up since 6:30am EST writing and realizing that even though today is technically a DAY OFF from the day-job. Now is the time for me to get work done FOR MY REAL JOB. I've been asked all week how do I keep from just UP AND QUITTING AND PURSUING FINISHING MY WORK FOR THE TANSOBA STORYLINE OF PAGAN WARS.

And I told them the fact that I need to be able to get up in the morning. See that I have ENOUGH MATERIAL AND ENOUGH INCOME COMING IN. To SAFELY SAY "It's time to return back to MY NORMAL LIFE." and then come in to the day job. Hand in My 2-weeks notice. And leave out the door the same way I came in it. 

Through the front door.
Professionally.
The Right Way.

One factory-worker while we talked on Monday said "The climate is PERFECT for what you are writing and talking about. Trump getting elected! Obama's presidency ending, everything is perfect for what you are talking about in these stories!" and I reminded him "To an extent. Because remember, MY TASK ISN'T TO MAKE THE MISTAKE THAT MANY BLACK WRITERS MAKE TODAY AND YESTERDAY! I'm NOT HERE to write out something THAT TRIES TO ADDRESS EVERY NEGATIVE ISSUE TOSSED AT US AND TALKED ABOUT. That is how you make slop shit and crap. And I've seen that done too many times no matter what Comic Con I've ever gone to. Black writers trying to ADDRESS, EVERY BLACK SLANDER AND STEREOTYPE AND!?"

And I just looked at him and told him "That's how you create nothing but a poorly done piece of work meant to be a conversation and not to be a creative work spun from real life and/or Your Mind's-Eye." so I cautioned him that "My stories are going to be ROOTED IN OUR REALITY. But then THEY GROW FROM THE CHANGES OF THAT REALITY, meaning THE OMNIVERSE THAT I'VE CREATED. Into something that I have to make BELIEVABLE TO THE READER BY SIMPLY WRITING A GOOD STORY WITH GOOD CHARACTERS BASED IN A GOOD SETTING THAT THE READER CAN HAVE A GOOD TIME IN. Making a connection with the reader and needing. Not wanting, but needing the Reader to, upon closing out the window after having read what I've written. When I do My Job as a writer then they need to come back home and reopen what I've published and posted and return to the omniverse that I've created. When I do my job then they need to pick up their tablet or phone or boot up the laptop or computer and return back to the world that I've created. That's the way it's supposed to work. Anything else is a failure."

With that typed I have finished INKING A NEW DRAWING.
Chief Chambermaid Discord is DONE.
I'll get her up and posted before I leave out today to head over to My Mother's house.
She has been INSISTENT that I come over for Thanksgiving, so...?

Gonna go over there.
Probably leave around 2pm EST, if I leave at al.
And she knows I'm good for simply not going.
Because I'm not comfortable up in that house of hers and due to the entirety of Our Relationship having been what it has been.
Either way!?

Time for me to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment