Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Why I Don't Dye My Hair

Good Evening from Upper Darby!
I was asked yesterday while at work "Old Head? Why don't you dye your hair? You got some serious gray, but you're in pretty good shape."

So I told them "Your hair turns gray for a select number of reasons;"
1) Aging
2) Stress
3) A Combination of 1 & 2

My Hair is gray because of #2. I have lived a stressful life and I have always had to be more mature than my age. When I was a child I did things to help out My Mother which she only knows about a quarter of. Where a few times I almost got caught because certain adult subordinates couldn't fuckin walk-n-chew gum right. Idiots.

But as this blog already has up and down it. I've made poor decisions in life where some will say they were not poor and that I should have just kept being a bitch and just went-along just to go-along so I could keep all of the shit I'd slaved to get. Note? The words I used. Slave. Bitch. Went-along just to go-along. The reality was I was trying to stuff my own beliefs and ideals into the conveniently expected box of White Acceptance of Black Americans. I also went on ahead and kept trying to make a bad marriage to the wrong kind of woman, work. Then I turned right back around and kept trying to make a grown with with two kids and a horribly bad, fake-marriage, grow up.

So My Hair is Gray, because of stress. However? Trying to HIDE MY GRAY HAIR?
Never.
And why?
Because it is a sign of immaturity and inability to ACCEPT REALITY. People who dye their hair do so because they are unable to ACCEPT THE FACT that their body has changed and a number of things could have caused that. Where the Cause is DIRECTLY TIED TO WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN DOING WITH THEIR LIFE. By dyeing Your Hair you are secretly OR KNOWINGLY SAYING "I don't accept the fact that I am either growing old or stressing myself out or both." It's childish, because at some point or another #1, AGING, catches up to us all. At some point or another your hairs all over your body will turn gray. The question simply becomes, when? And how will you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment