Sunday, September 6, 2015

Doing Business Globally, but still thinking Nationally (Stupid Mistake on My Part!)

Good Morning from Upper Darby!
Well, we've all made it to another Sunday somewhere on the planet. Some of you are ahead of me, time wise, and others are behind. I hope wherever you are, you're having a good one. This first post this morning is in regards to My Advertising Campaign FOR MY EBOOKS. You know, I've told you from Jump Street, that my old forms of business were always direct customer/client interactions. With my most successful being my taxi-cab service when I was in college. Ebusiness on the other hand, is new to me, and I've been experiencing the mandatory growing pains of going from being total new and ignorant of certain things. To growing just that little bit more as time and experience accumulates.

Well, this morning I realized that Weebly only has a strict set of currency options for paying customers and nothing more. I've had a lot of potential customers from areas like India where frankly, I hadn't paid attention to how much it costs to convert from rupees to dollars. Some had dollars, others didn't. Bottom line is I just woke up this morning and was like;
Hey...? I'm running my ad in Japan, South Africa, Thailand and India. In all of these places I've had or still have friends. Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, they can't use their currency directly to buy any ebooks, because I didn't have that option. A mistake I am now about to CORRECT.

Here is the currency conversion for Rupees to Dollars as far as this morning;
1.00 INR=0.0149955 USD
Indian RupeeUS Dollar
1 INR = 0.0149955 USD1 USD = 66.6865 INR
Convert againUSD/INR thumbnailView ChartMid-market rates: 2015-09-06 14:09 UTCthis is the currency conversion for Yen to Dollars as far as this morning;

1.00 JPY=0.00840633 USD
Japanese YenUS Dollar
1 JPY = 0.00840633 USD1 USD = 118.958 JPY
Convert againUSD/JPY thumbnailView ChartMid-market rates: 2015-09-06 14:23 UTC
This is the currency conversion of Baht to Dollars as far as this morning;
1.00 THB=0.0277929 USD
Thai BahtUS Dollar
1 THB = 0.0277929 USD1 USD = 35.9805 THB
Convert againUSD/THB thumbnailView ChartMid-market rates: 2015-09-06 14:25 UTC
And this is the currency conversion of RAND to Dollars as far as this morning;
1.00 ZAR=0.0721463 USD
South African RandUS Dollar
1 ZAR = 0.0721463 USD1 USD = 13.8607 ZAR
Convert againUSD/ZAR thumbnailView ChartMid-market rates: 2015-09-06 14:34 UTC
So I finally woke up to the fact, LITERALLY! That I am advertising in countries where they don't use the dollar and I didn't create products WITH THEIR CURRENCY LISTED SO THEY PURCHASE EBOOKS IN THEIR CURRENCY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Now that was a COLOSSAL FUCK-UP ON MY PART! And a STUPID ONE AT THAT. So lemme get moving and get these changes made on the website! 

No comments:

Post a Comment