Thursday, September 10, 2015

Kindle Problem SOLVED!

Good Afternoon from Upper Darby!

I finally figured out how to resolve the Kindle issue and I'm going to have to change the format of my ebooks to MOBI, BUT!? The initial download will still EMBED to whichever purchasing device you have used to buy my ebook, HOWEVER!? For Kindle Users, AMAZON USERS, once you've made your purchase I will send to you by email A SECOND FILE STRAIGHT FROM ME! Which you can then use to follow the FAQ-sheet on my website which will walk you through the process of transferring files to your Kindle.

I will include a FAQ sheet on my website that shows you HOW TO TRANSFER MY EBOOK SO YOUR AMAZON KINDLE WILL BE ABLE TO READ THEM!

Here is the initial FAQ, because I have to get this situation resolved. I'm going to use the two methods mentioned by Steve Bremner which are as follows ;

How To Put Non-Amazon e-books on Your Kindle

Grab a coffee. It will take you 3 minutes to read this post.
How To Put Non-Amazon e-books on Your Kindle Device
If you have ever gotten an ebook that you can read on your Kindle, but you didn’t buy it or obtain it from Amazon, don’t worry. Placing it on your Kindle is quite easy.
I recently gave away Kindle books of mine, and I was surprised to see 80% of the people who downloaded them wrote me back asking how to put it on their Kindle device. Some even searched for software to use to ‘convert’ the file to another file type they assumed it needed to be in order to work on their Kindle device.

First thing’s first

Take a deep breath, relax, and just plug your Kindle in to your computer. Make sure your computer recognizes that your device is plugged in. Then import the mobi file(s) to the “documents” folder on your Kindle and you should have no problem.
If you don’t use a Kindle device but use one of their free apps, click on the file, and designate it to open with the Kindle app on your computer. These are both methods I use frequently with e-books that I didn’t get directly from Amazon.
Kindle folder

Send it to Your Kindle From your Amazon Account

If that doesn’t work, or is too complicated for you, or you want to have the book in your Kindle library across all your devices and apps and not just your Kindle, then try this: Sign into your Amazon account make sure you know what your Kindle email address is. I’m not talking about what email address you use for your Amazon account for making purchase, but what is the unique email address Amazon has given you for your Kindle documents.
To find out what that is,
  1. Login to Amazon and go to “Manage Your Kindle” – www.amazon.com/myk
  2. Click on the tab link for “Settings”
  3. Scroll down to where you see “Personal document settings” and you’ll see a list of all your registered Kindle devices and apps, along with a corresponding email that has the word “kindle” in it. You can e-mail personal documents to your device using the e-mail address(es) shown.
It seems that each device or app has a different email address, but I’ve noticed whenever I send a PDF or Word document to just the one email address, it shows up in my account cloud, allowing me to download it to each device. However, whenever I make highlights in my tablet or Paperwhite, they don’t show up in the other device when I sync.
TrainingAuthors.com has more on how you can use this feature to add approved email addresses to this list so as to receive documents from other people straight to your device.

Now email it to device

Once you’re all set up, head to www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle, and pick the option you want to use. On this particular link page you can send it to Kindle apps on your Android or iOS phone, as well as Mac and PC apps.
You can also just log in to you email client, attach the document in in as e-mail attachment, and send it to the email address you obtained in the steps above, and voila — you’ve emailed it to your device and can begin reading it as fast as you would if you downloaded a book directly from Amazon.
Email it to your Kindle
Photo credit: Amazon.com
Find more information about Send-to-Kindle e-mail here: www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/email.
If you have a Kindle Fire tablet or something else, this link might help but only if you’re comfortable side-loading files to your device: Three Easy Ways to Load Non-Amazon Books on Your Kindle Fire.
However, I find the above steps much easier and less complicated than side loading on my Kindle Fire device.

Now you Know!

And that you know how to put non-Amazon ebooks on your Kindle, you won’t need to try converting the file into something else, usually against the copyright holder’s stipulations and to the wasting of a lot of your time trying to figure out how to use the shady software. 
---------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment