Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Fillin Out More Job Apps and THANKS DR. BOYCE WATKINS!

Good Morning from Upper Darby!

I've spent the lionshare of this morning typing and just finished the last 30-minutes replying to emails of potential future employers. Like I said, what a difference a year makes! I'm trying my best to switch jobs NOW! So that the rest of this month can be directed towards my first paycheck's worth of work and I can finally get everything settled on the home front regarding my bills. Then my next task is to pay back My Mother and My Sworn Brother who've been helping me pay bills when things have gotten out of hand, AND!? Investing in My Website! So I'd like to be able to give them money back ASAP.

I have to be honest about the fact that if it wasn't for Dr. Boyce Watkins videos I'd probably be in big trouble right now. Because I initially REJECTED THEIR HELP. And he put out a video where he talked about one of the problems that too many Black start-up businesses suffer from is LACK OF CAPITAL. Black Person has a GREAT IDEA OR CONCEPT, but can't find capital. So they have to go back into the mostly White Workforce in search of paying day-to-day bills and juggling their business. But they won't talk to friends and family about the fact that they need MONEY and NEED HELP! TO STAY AFLOAT!

When Dr. Watkins said flat out "Don't let YOUR EGO AND PRIDE DESTROY YOUR CHANCE FOR SUCCESS! IF YOU NEED HELP, ASK FOR IT! IF FRIENDS AND FAMILY OFFER TO HELP, ACCEPT IT!" and that really allowed me to stop being stubbornly-stupid and simply ask for help. My Mother was especially honest when she pointed out to me that during My Younger Years, early adulthood into mid-20's. She rarely IF EVER had to do ANYTHING FOR ME. For better or for worse "Most Young Adults are either workin and getting by or up underneath their parents. But you'd rather starve than ask for help. It's a good quality, but you're not young anymore and your health is bad and you're doing all this stuff. You can't carry everything, Shawn. Sometimes you have to let people and pride, go, and ask for help. And...? I don't want you to get mad with me, but? You need to be more selfish. JUST A LITTLE BIT. You can't help anybody if you can't help yourself."

And?
She was right.
Regardless of Our Family's Flaws and Faults, we do know when it is time to circle the wagons and cut the crap. AND SHOUT OUT TO MY SISTER! CONGRATS ON HER IMPENDING MARRIAGE! AND OF COURSE?! I WILL BE THERE, CUZ I USED TO STAY ON HER ASS ABOUT GETTING MARRIED TO MY SOON TO BE BROTHER-IN-LAW! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
They used to HATE talking to me "Fuck ya'll shackin up for!? DO IT, MUTHAFUCKAS!"
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
LEMME GET BACK TO WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment