Tuesday, October 13, 2015

When I SEE THIS!? I KNOW WE CAN STILL MAKE IT

Good Evening from Upper Darby!
I came across this video by way of Terrence! A friend of mine here in Philadelphia! The creativity of this video and the subject-matter is INSPIRING TO ME. But let me be clear, I understand the nature, tone and lyrics and OVERALL MESSAGE of the video and the Blacks in. It has been said repeatedly and will continue to be said that OUR PROBLEM IS PRIORITIES BASED. NOT LACK OF TALENT OR RESOURCES OR EVEN RESOURCEFULNESS!

The interesting thing IN THIS VIDEO is that TBA ACCURATELY highlighted the issues that we have as Black People and THIS VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS THEM TO. Our Glorification of Symbolism. Our GLORIFICATION OF INTANGIBLES. Understand THIS IS WHY I FINALLY CUT-TIES WITH Stacey and Dan regarding making THEM priorities. Instead of MAKING MYSELF THE PRIORITY, AND YES, you read that right! This SHIFT is the reason why I am here now and you're reading this. Because I stopped trying to SHARE POWER AND GOALS AND IDEALS AND VALUES. And simply started walking the RIGHT DIRECTION I'm supposed to and did not wait for or ask them to join me.

The positives of this parody is the production and creativity. That is why I put the header the way that I did. It is simply a matter of SHIFTING OUR PRIORITIES TO PUT THIS KIND OF TALENT AND ENERGY INTO OURSELVES AND OUR COMMUNITIES!
Here is the article and then the video;

This Barack Obama Spoof Of Drake’s “Back To Back” Is The Ultimate Donald Trump Diss Record

Entertainment

 Iyana Robertson / October 11, 2015
“I learned how to lead from Mandela, you could never check me
Back to back like my terms in office, they couldn’t get me
Back to back like two duelers about to take 10 paces
Back to back like Trump’s divorces, now face it. Ohhh!”
Today’s stroke of Internet genius is courtesy of YouTube user AlphaCat, who crafted his own version of Drake’s “Back To Back,” tailored just for Donald Trump. Taking on the voice and likeness of our commander-in-Chief, the three and a half minute video features a spoof version of Barack Obama that everyone will wish was real. Complete with new one-line zingers, the parody serves at the perfect presidential diss record.
Swapping out the now -infamous “You gon’ make me buy bottles for Charlamagne” line for “You gon’ make me buy bottles for John McCain,” AlphaCat has given the Web what it never knew it needed: bars to fill Trump’s Twitter mentions with. Proclaiming that “wrote these bars while Michelle gave me a shoulder rub,” the fictional Obama is in rare trill form, taking aim at Trump’s slights against Mexicans, his toupee and his exit from The Apprentice. AlphaCat also employs other Web trends like “what are thoooose?” and “Why You Always Lyin’.”
Is the world poor, or your soul poor? Trump got bodied by a left-winger. Press play.

No comments:

Post a Comment