Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Observations from Yesterdays Walk Around Downtown....

Been up since 5am, went to bed last night at 10pm EST. Today is going to be an abnormal day, gotta go and open up the Atrium for some tour guests and then sit there and keep other people OUT! I still think it's ironic that they decided to make the Atrium look all dolled up, but the actual entrance, THE NORMAL ENTRANCE, is a very underwhelming double-doored employee entrance.

Since I'm based in the Atrium today then this morning will be A WRITING MORNING. Which is another reason why I took my ass to bed last night. Can't write while falling asleep and while stationed in the Atrium I have NO CHOICE BUT TO REMAIN ALERT AND ATTENTIVE.

Lemme get moving so I can get in a bit earlier than normal!

The Bree Maxwell PICTURE is DRAWN INKED AND COLORED! I have to finish the Maxwell's Meteors Logo behind her and the background itself. I thought about staying late yesterday but decided against it, ironically, with everything that happened? I could have stayed. I remember that the SEPTA worker, the woman in the booth, called the EL, she said that it's called the Suicide Line because a lot of people jump in front of it and kill themselves. Clearly though they don't report as many deaths as actually go on, because never during my younger years did any SEPTA worker ever call the Blue Line EL the Suicide Line.

Yesterday, just like last week when I went in town on Friday, is/was yet another reminder of how much time has passed where there are parts of the city now that I used to frequent before all of this mess with Noni and My Son happened, that have COMPLETELY CHANGED! And Center City Philadelphia is TOTALLY DIFFERENT NOW. Just walking up to 40th street the massive number of new MASSIVE SKYSCRAPERS was something that I didn't exactly find comforting or inviting. Because I am fully aware not a one of them is owned or controlled by Us as Blacks living in Philadelphia. And the STARK CHANGE as I moved from White/White-Jewish dominated Center City into West Philadelphia, the vice-grip that Drexel has on "University City" and the fact that MASS-FREE-TRANSIT in that area is EVERYWHERE.

While I at one point used to live on Spring Garden Street BEHIND Drexel University. Where just as I left they'd bulldozed the free-courts that everybody used to gather and were in the process of buying up the rest of the Black People living there and bulldozing those houses to expand Drexel University further into West Philadelphia. It was further proof that without an economic base and a bunch of fools talking about intangibles and not working on their economic development, well then...?

You're just going to be pushed around and pushed around and ultimately pushed out and bought out. It's 5:35am EST and after yesterday and friday's walk-around I see now that I had BETTER KEEP GOING with what I'm doing, because Philadelphia is ULTIMATELY GOING TO START SEEING HOUSING PRICES SKYROCKET! And if I'm not making enough money to AFFORD TO LIVE HERE then like I just typed, I'll ultimately be priced out and forced out just like every other Black Person living in this city. And looking at BRAND NEW SKYSCRAPER CONSTRUCTION YESTERDAY WHILE WALKING...!?

Time waits for no one.
Nowhere.
The More Time that is NOT SPENT wisely, the worse it is when Reality catches up.
So LEMME GET GOING!

Good Morning.... 
FROM PHILADELPHIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment