Thursday, April 23, 2015

CHUCK D...!

Goodnight from Philadelphia!

This is the last post for the night and it comes from Chuck D. I don't believe that there will ever be another Public Enemy or X-Clan or BDP, Poor Righteous Teachers, Brand Nubian. Because if there is one thing that I saw REAL QUICK!? Was during the 1988 - to - 1994 time period, Hip-Hop and Rap put out these Black Power and Black Conscious Groups where Public Enemy WAS BANNED FROM PERFORMING IN SOUTH AFRICA WHILE APARTHEID WAS SUPPOSEDLY COMING TO AN END. But for me and the Black Youth that I was a part of here in Nazi-America, their music BROUGHT US TOGETHER. MADE US THINK! AND MADE US DO MORE RESEARCH ON BLACK LEADERS PAST AND PRESENT AT THAT TIME, where we didn't need the White American School System to do shit except for explain why these Blackmen and Blackwomen WERE NOT IN THE CURRICULUM.

This post  and the accompanying video shows why these particular Black Rap Artist were QUICKLY PUSHED OFF THE AIRWAVES, because it caused Black People to put down the crack. Stop trying to find SHORTCUTS TO SELF-RESPECT AND EMPOWERMENT! And understand that if WE WANT POWER THAT POWER COMES FROM OUR OWN WORKING TOGETHER AS A PEOPLE!

It was never about trying to RECLAIM THE WORD NIGGER OR NIGGA OR GIVE "POWER TO IT" OR "TAKE THE STING OUT OF IT". Because GIVING POWER TO WHAT IT MEANS TO BE BLACK WAS MORE IMPORTANT. I remember how I could walk down ANY STREET be it Philadelphia, NEW YORK, BALTIMORE OR DC! AND BLACK PEOPLE WOULD LOOK ME IN THE EYE AND SAY "What's up brother!?" and if I said "You tell me?"

WE WOULD HONESTLY STOP AND TALK! And you LOOK AT THAT!? Because this was 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992! Black Rappers from Big Daddy Kane to Kool Moe Dee were EMPOWERING BLACK PEOPLE TO THINK AND UNDERSTAND you cannot just LET Whites and Nigger-Blacks dump drugs in our communities and then PRETEND LIKE WE DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON AND WHY AND THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! All of these artists were pushing for us to GET OUT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING ON AND NOT WAIT FOR POLITICIANS OR ANYONE ELSE TO DO SHIT!

It feels good to be back to doing what I used to do and BEING WHO I ACTUALLY AM. I'm not somebody who rides with bullshit-artist and I've done WAYYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH OF THAT in the last 20-years of my life. I should count myself FORTUNATE not to have totally fucked my life up trying to dumb-myself down and ride with bullshit-ass bitches and bastards and then looking stupid when shit didn't work out. I'm out of the business of lowering my standards, THAT'S FOR SURE! Here is the video, GOODNIGHT PEOPLES AND BE SAFE! And of course I'll type at you;
LATER!


No comments:

Post a Comment