Monday, November 16, 2015

A Message from Dr. Boyce Watkins

GOOD MORNING FROM UPPER DARBY!
Here is the latest email subscription from Dr. Boyce Watkins where I decided to share it here;
Good morning beautiful Black people!

I have a confession to make.  I grew up listening to the song, "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas."  I remember hearing that corny song for years, but for some reason, it rings in my brain until this day.  In fact, I actually liked it. 

But a white Christmas, as beautiful as it can be, is no longer what I want.  Actually, "I'm dreaming of a BLACK Christmas."

What does that mean?

 A "Black Christmas" means that I am dreaming of the day that the holidays become a time when our community commits itself to the idea of buying black, building wealth and increasing our financial literacy.

One way we can do this is through what I would call "Micro conversations."  These are a series of tiny little decisions and steps that we take to slowly, but surely improve the chances that the next generation is going to be better off than their parents.

It might mean repeatedly telling your child to own her own business.
It could mean watching a financial show online every now and then.
It could be asking Grandma to explain the details of her life insurance policy

Any tiny step is a good one. 


So, here's what I want you to do:  I have completed a video showing you how to buy a share of stock.  Watch this video and then commit to putting your ideas into action.  Choose any online investment company you can find, get an account and buy at least one share of stock for your children.  Just one.  I won't cost very much, I promise.

After taking this tiny little action, please then commit yourself and your family to having "micro conversations" about money, wealth and having your own business.  By doing this, you're planting the seeds for the future, and you will then get the pleasure of watching your seeds grow over the next several decades.

This is what we must do for the next generation and I challenge you to take your family to the next level.  Christmas is a great time to get started.

Here's a video I did on how to buy a share of stock.  Please use this as your starting point.

You can watch the video here. 
Until we meet again, please stay strong, be blessed and be educated.

Sincerely,
Dr Boyce Watkins​
TheBlackBusinessSchool.com

No comments:

Post a Comment