Thursday, February 4, 2016

ONLY WE....!



You KNOW you have become THE SHIT when you HAVE TO make a commercial to let people know to knock-off the knock-off's or else get KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT! I have returned from the plantation-station and to say that my knees and feet gave out is an understatement. Bottom line is I've set myself up to get 40 hours for this first week of work. I'm certain that bullshit will ensue next week once someone realizes I've been able to get that far. And no, I am not joking. The penny-pinching is EXTREMELY REAL at the plantation-station. Which is another reason why stumbling across this VERY OLD AND VERY RARE commercial reminded me of just how much things have changed in this age where EVERYONE is given the false impression that they are or have accomplished something. Because they can bullshit on facebook and instagram or a blog.

But the things that I type on here come from the actual life I have lived, not from some fantasy or bullshit to make this blog "more interesting". Watching this commercial for a toy of all things reminded me of the fact that some of you have correctly asked me if certain things I include in my posts are more than what they seem and have deeper meaning than I let on. Someone just asked me YESTERDAY while I was at work "Yo? I be watchin you work man, you do a damn good job of it but your fuckin head is on a swivel and you constantly fuckin take in EVERY FUCKIN THING GOING ON AROUND YOU. Fuck was you doin old head when you was my age!?"

And I told him without hesitation "Certainly not calling myself nigga for starters." and he gave me that awkward smile and kind of drifted around because he didn't wanna hear it and I wasn't gonna get but so deep into it. NOT WITH HIM, but the fact that he showed me that he knows how to make an observation and pay attention reminded me once again that, as usual with Our People, we're never quite what we APPEAR to be. So I went on ahead and told him the fact that "I was mainly fighting with White bigots, literally. And having sworn brothers who put big ole White boys from TEXAS through those old solid wood benches they used to make."

So he smiles and says to me "You calm and smart an shit but I knew your ass used to wild out when you was younger! I just didn't know it was like that an shit!? An why it seem like EVERYBODY AROUND HERE KNOWS YOU!?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I simply pointed out to him the fact that "This is where I live. Or LIVED. Shouldn't I actually get to know the people in my neighborhood and community...." and he had nothing to say. So I added the fact that "You can't live someplace and not get to know the people around you." and that conversation yesterday and then stuff today simply reminded me that even at this stage of my life? I've had some GREAT TIMES and got to be around SOME GREAT BLACK PEOPLE! Looking at the following video and thinking about the fact that we WERE and STILL ARE, FEARLESS. The tone. Even the opening of the commercial, reminded me of the fact that what we accomplished is something that not nearly enough of Us ever experience. I was tasked with finding out because I graduated first "What we are doing here, what we have DONE here? Are we the norm for Our People or are we the exception?"

We were the exception back then, but it can't remain that way for the sake of Our People's future. This post is dedicated to all those who stood with us and saw first hand the massive difference between White Power.

And Black Power....



No comments:

Post a Comment