Monday, March 7, 2016

Painstaking Process, and...?! Konosuba Shorts....



GOOD MORNING...
From PHILADELPHIA...!
So? I've got prismacolor markers all over the damn place right now.
Prismacolor is a brand of professional artists' supplies originated by Berol in 1938, and now manufactured by Newell Rubbermaid. Among the items in the Prismacolor line are colored pencils, Art Stix, pastels,watercolors, and alcohol-based permanent art markers.

Markers[edit]

The line of markers Prismacolor produce are illustrating markers. Each marker is double-sided for fine to thick lines. The formula inside the marker gives the pigment a rich color and allow for smooth application onto paper.[6] The common method of a Prismacolor marker is to apply the colors in layers. The different tips allow for the color to be applied in various ways on the application being worked on. Artists use varying colors from the same color line to create shadows and textures on the artwork. Prismacolor markers can also be used to sketch drawings as well as color.[7]
Image result for prismacolor markers
As most of you already know, normally I will post the finished inked drawing before I color it. However, since this whole thing took on a life of its own, I haven't posted the inked drawing of the Long-Walker because it became an actual scene instead of just my normal portrait drawing of my characters.

Now!? For me...? This is something I have NOT DONE in WAYYYYYYYY TOO LONG! I have NOT actually drawn a full-scale scene with some sort of action or whatever in it, in a literal decade. So when I started drawing the Long-Walker I just drew her and realized that I had a scene in my head, based on the way I drew her and sorry for any typos I'm tired!

So I just finished coloring certain parts of the scene and now I'm getting into coloring the background and explosions and beams-n-blasts and all that good shit! To be honest I'm NOT trying to hype this up, because I PERSONALLY THINK IT IS PRETTY FUCKIN PEDESTRIAN! And shows HOW RUSTY I AM! I know if Frank Maiden is out there reading this, an old friend from Epic Resorts back in the end 90's/early-2000 employment years! He used to ALLLLLLLLLLLWAYS get on me about being A LAZY ARTIST! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!

And I used to tell him that I just don't have the PATIENCE to draw out entire scenes and all of that and I left that kind of stuff up to My Former Surrogate Son, Dan. Who? In typical Dan fashion, became jealous and upset with me because he felt as though and still feels as though, my artwork conveys emotions, passion-n-humanity! Better than his. -_- I dunno about all of that, but Brother Art summed it up as the difference between someone who went to formal schooling for art-painting, as in Dan. Versus!? Me. Where I have talent but always avoided art classes and such, because I saw it for what it is;

Teaching someone to cookie-cutter THEIR ARTISTIC ABILITIES AND EXPRESSIONS! After EVERYONE ELSE. Which is why you have all of these starving artists painting expos and artwork fairs! Because they are almost entirely made up of people who went to FORMAL SCHOOLS for art and painting where!? I told Dan, art? Painting? They're supposed to be YOUR EXPRESSIONS OF WHAT YOU SEE IN YOUR MIND'S-EYE AND THEN YOUR ABILITY TO DRAW-N-PAINT THAT SO OTHERS CAN SEE WHAT YOU SAW WITHIN YOUR OWN MIND.

It's not meant for everybody to measure out three-heads down and that gives you the perfect proportions to quickly draw a
To be honest with you I NEVER REALLY understood what Dan was jealous of till I really PAID ATTENTION TO HIS PERSONALITY AND HIS SELF-IMAGE. Then I realized that what he was actually jealous of was the fact that for as nice or harsh as he can be...? He normally just doesn't give a fuck about the things he claims he does, nor the people he gets closest too. He has a NATURAL ABILITY to simply cut off his emotions and that can INTERFERE with not just the creative process but also how your paintings and artwork turns out. So I sat down one day and just compared his with mine and finally saw that he didn't like the fact that his work, ALTHOUGH FAR BETTER THAN MINE, it was STERILE.

It doesn't really have A PRESENCE. And when one can disconnect themselves from their own emotions, well!? It will come out in things that REQUIRE some sort of EMOTIONS get put into the creative process/expression.

He'll be all right though.
>_<
I nearly fell asleep while typing.
OKAY!? Back to bed with me!

Bonus Video of Outlandishly Funny Idiocy from Konosuba anime!

One.
More....

No comments:

Post a Comment